Saturday 19 January 2008

Entertaining Your Cat


Some of the toys I've purchased for my cat have been a success. Others, like the one pictured below, have been a wash-out.

Meeko Cat Paw with ChipmunkMy cat, Meeko, will jump into into any undefended plastic or paper bag, but she won't venture into this--even when I toss in cat nip or treats. I've pretty much done everything but crawl inside the darn thing myself. But there is one form of entertainment that never fails to draw her in.

Chipmunks and squirrels.

Of course, I have to litter the outside sill with sunflower seeds. It's a small price to pay to keep the cat amused. Here she is, this past summer:

Meeko Cat with Squirrel
She thinks she's being sneaky, hoping to catch the chipmunk unaware while staying hidden below the window.

But sometimes, the temptation is too great and she throws caution to the wind.


These days, she waits eagerly by the window for the return of the warm weather and live entertainment.

No comments: