Monday 10 March 2008

Working With Animals

Chowder Long Haired Tabby Cat
I've decided to volunteer at my local Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals -- if they'll have me. One reason I haven't done this before is I wasn't sure I'd be able to handle seeing the homeless animals on a regular basis, but I've visited quite a lot recently and survived. Did you know that you can volunteer to socialize with the cats? How purr-fect! Like a Walmart greeter of the animal world.

There are so many dedicated folks out there -- volunteers and those who have been trained and educated to work with both pets and wildlife. There's a North American website called AnimalWork.org. It’s a job-matching site for all jobs related to animals, like training, grooming, veterinary medicine, caretaking, retail and zoo positions. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be paid for doing something you love?

No comments: