Thursday 18 September 2008

Stray in the Neighborhood


I'm in a bit of a dilemma, and wondered what your thoughts might be. We've had a stray hanging about the street for the past month or two. She'll come close, run around me, crying in a loud, baby-like meow. Eventually, she'll make her way back to the forest across the street where I believe she lives. I fed her for the the first time yesterday, hoping to gain her trust so I can trap her -- winter is coming, and I'm not sure our stray will survive the elements.

That's my dilemma -- should I live-trap this cat, then take it to the OSPCA? I phoned them yesterday, and they will check for a microchip, see to her health, then put her up for adoption -- if she's adoptable. If not, then she may be euthanized, and I couldn't have that on my conscience. Now, the cat did let my daughter pat it the other day after she'd sat for 20 minutes, giving the cat time to get up the nerve to come close. That's hopeful, isn't it?

I don't have a picture of her, but here's one of the elusive bunny who visited my yard during the summer. Actually, she's so elusive, she's even hard to find in the photo, so you might want to click to enlarge:


Backyard Bunny

No comments: