Saturday 29 December 2007

Warning: This Post is Not About Animals

Before I begin my rant, I want to apologize for blogging about something other than animals. I have only one excuse:

I'm a bit peeved.

This is a story about a customer (me) and a car maker (Honda) and a complaint:

I recently replaced my 2001 Honda Accord with a 2008 model. In fact, I bought the '08 as soon as the car came out. Within a couple of weeks, Honda Canada offered a $4000 rebate to customers buying the new Accord. I applied for the rebate, but was declined as I'd purchased before the rebate offer was announced. In other words, because of my eagerness to own the new model, Honda is penalizing me.

I explained (sincerely) in a second letter to them that because they chose to deny me the rebate, I would never purchase another Honda, and I would tell my friends and family how the company treats their customers. Well, I received a letter from them today with their final decision, and now I'm passing on the message:

If you want good customer service and a company that rewards loyalty, then don't buy a Honda.

Okay, I'm done whining. I may eventually delete this post, but today, I just had to get it out of my system. And I want to note that I've never had a problem with the maintenance and service Honda gave on my 2001 Accord--it was always top notch.

Now, back our regular program.

No comments: