Tuesday 9 September 2008

Hotel Cats

The Hyatt Regency in Monterey is home to two stray cats (sorry, don't recall their names). I saw them on the first day of our stay, so asked the doorman about them. The cats have been around for about 15 years, and are close companions.

Monterey Hyatt Cat
Monterey Hyatt Cat

This orange guy was one of the scruffiest cats I'd ever seen, but he was well-fed and friendly. I was told the housekeepers feed the animals, and just as we were packing the car to leave, I spotted the cat house and bowls tucked away in a corner of the parking lot.


Monterey Hyatt Cat Bowls

You know me, I'm a sucker for these kinds of random acts of kindness, and think it's wonderful that the Hyatt has adopted these two strays. Perhaps hotels that provide for animals should be given some kind of "seal of approval" by SPCA. I'd be more inclined to stay at their establishment. Wouldn't you?

No comments: