Anthony Franz had started to eat healthy, but the salmon salad he ordered for lunch from Shaw's Crab House in August 2006 wasn't the best choice, according to a lawsuit filed Monday.
Franz says he became violently ill for several days after eating that salad and later "passed a 9-foot tapeworm."
A pathologist determined the giant tapeworm only has one source -- "undercooked fish, such as salmon," according to court papers.
The lawsuit against Shaw's Crab House, 21 E. Hubbard, and its parent company, Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises, claims the restaurant's staff was negligent in serving him undercooked fish.
Franz, who was not available for comment, wants more than a refund. He's seeking $100,000 for his pain, suffering, lost time from work and "lost enjoyment of life."
Carrol Symank, vice president of food safety for Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises, said he is confident the tapeworm did not come from the restaurant.
"We have done a thorough investigation and we're confident the restaurant is not the source," he said.
Source: Chicago Sun-Times